I love this time of year. One of the things we look forward to is our annual “What We Do Matters Giveback Day.” It’s an important and celebratory time for us to connect with each other, give our time to local and global communities, and be reminded of the people and things that matter to us personally and professionally.
Our Giveback Day started this year with the Hire Dynamics team, including more than 25 management representatives, spending part of our day packing gift-filled shoeboxes for underprivileged children all over the world at Operation Christmas Child (OCC). I wrote about our kick-off to this year’s initiative in a recent blog post. As we near the end of the month-long program, the Gwinnett location’s box count was 1,103,425 with a few more days to go. We were happy to be able to make a charitable donation to Samaritan’s Purse in honor of our clients (see the picture here).
In additional to volunteering at OCC, we spent Giveback Day traveling to some of our on-sites to drop off gifts for the outstanding talent who are more than deserving for their hard work, generosity and kind hearts. Since a picture tells a thousand words, I thought I would share some from our day…
- At OCC, we chose someone who spent a large portion of his paycheck every month buying clothes for people living in his home country of Liberia. As children, he and his sister were able to escape during the worst of economic times while he watched as other members of his family were killed. He is grateful for what he has and hasn’t forgotten where he came from, so Hire Dynamics team members gathered and bought many bags of clothes for him to send to Liberia.
- One of our contact center employees was homeless and living in her car with three young children before we found her a job. She is doing so well that she will be hired as a full-time employee at the beginning of the year. We gave her a bag of gifts which included presents for each of her children and some items for her, including cooking utensils. She was in tears and said how much she really needed them because she had been using her child’s baby fork to cook food.
- Another Hire Dynamics branch dropped off a bundle of toys to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta for all of the children who are not able to spend the holidays at home with their families this year.
- Our Greenville, SC branch spent the day at Shriner’s Hospital for Children dropping off gifts and singing songs to the children. One mother heard us singing to a child in another room and asked if we would sing to her child because he was about to have surgery to remove one of his legs and was really down in the dumps. The mother said she just wanted to see her son smile, and Hire Dynamics was able to make that happen with a few Christmas songs.
- Our Airport branch spent the evening cooking a spaghetti dinner for 50 families staying at the Ronald McDonald House in Atlanta. We were truly inspired by the upbeat spirits and smiles that came from these families despite the medical struggles they are forced to endure during this Holiday season.
See you in the New Year!
By Dan Campbell, CEO, Hire Dynamics